Water industry professionals enroled in the WIPA programme can apply to become a Registered Water Industry Professional when they have achieved all of the following:
- 30 WIPA CPD credits achieved within a 2 year period
- A recognised water/wastewater qualification (e.g. NZ Certificate or Diploma in water/wastewater, or equivalent)
- 2 year’s experience in the water/wastewater industry
- Endorsement from the enrolee’s employer
- Endorsement from a senior water professional outside of the enrolee’s employer
Applications can be made via the WIPA Administrator for qualifications outside these criteria to be recognised.
- Level one registration is granted to people who have achieved an NZQA level 3 reticulation qualification or similar.
- Level two registration is granted to people who have achieved a NZQA level 4 (certificate) qualification or similar.
- Level three registration is granted to people who have achieved a NZQA level 5 (diploma) qualification or similar.
Applications for registration can be made by completing the registration form and attachments from the WIPA website.
Maintaining your WIPA registration is essential to ensuring your skills remain relevant to changes in the industry. You must meet the below criteria to keep your WIPA registration current.
- 30 WIPA CPD credits during each subsequent 2 year period
- Updated employer endorsement, every 4 years
- Updated senior water professional endorsement, every 4 years
- Ensure payment of annual administration fee is current
C/- Water New Zealand
Level 12, Ranchhod Tower,
39 The Terrace
PO Box 1316
04 472 8925