Principles of Stormwater Treatment
Delegates who attend this course will gain an understanding of:
- the types and sources of contaminants within urban stormwater discharges
- the range of typical stormwater treatment measures available
- typical applications of a range of stormwater treatment devices, their advantages and disadvantages and limitations
- maintenance requirements of some of the more common stormwater treatment methods.
- Simple design experience (from workshop exercises), focusing on avoiding some of the common design pitfalls in two types of stormwater treatment devices.
This course is targeted at engineers with up to five years’ experience, those who want a refresher after some time away from the stormwater field or non-stormwater specialists who want to gain an understanding of the principles of stormwater treatment, the limitations and solutions available.
It will be relevant for council engineers, development engineers, consulting engineers and land development surveyors. If you’re a planner, urban designer, landscape architect or project manager, you may also find it useful.
The course format revolves around an interactive workshop style, supplemented in the afternoon by a significant group exercise taking participant groups through the design thinking process for a stormwater treatment device.
Duration: 8 hours
Course Format: Classroom
NZQA Unit Standards: Not Applicable
Course Fee: $790 ENZ members, $900 non ENZ members
WIPA Credits: 2